Zillow.com is the largest real estate online database that provides real estate property information to the general public. Zillow.com addresses every aspect of real estate. Through its online platform it connects real estate investors,home buyers, home sellers, real estate professionals and renters.
Zillow.com owns other online real estate platforms like the recently acquired
- Trulia.com-an online real estate platform that caters to renters,home sellers,and home buyers by providing them with tools and information to help guide them in their decision making.
- Street Easy-another leading online portal in New York City that makes available information regarding listings of real estate properties for sale and renting.
- HotPads is an online marketplace that caters to those seeking property rentals by using maps to search.
- Naked Apartments which is New York City’s largest rental online site. It services real estate brokers,landlords, and renters by making available great tools and quality listings which helps get renters into apartments rather quickly.
- dot loop – Another online site where professionals in real estate meet and close deals
- Bridge Interactive – software development company that helps some of the largest MLSs and brokers to manage their data at home.
- Diverse Solutions develops an IDX products that adds MLS listings to real estate websites.
- Retsly-develops real estate software that allows the accessing of real estate information from multiple listing services (MLS)
The overall look and feel of Zillow.com site is great. It is very user friendly and allows Users to narrow their search. Zillow.com covers 350 plus MLSs across the nation. Smartphone users can access data which is updated every 15 minutes by downloading Zillow.com apps into their smart phone.
What sets Zillow.com apart is, it has the capability of revealing deep analytical and relevant data like historical trends on single properties and municipalities. Zillow’s Home Value Forecast, for instance, analyves local properties’ Zestimates to project whether local prices will rise, fall, or stay the same. Zillow.com also has a nationwide real estate agent directory that shows how many recent deals each Realtor agent has completed, along with reviews from Clients.
Zillow.com has a “Price This Home” feature that allows prospective sellers to claim their property on Zillow while selecting properties in the immediate area which were recently sold. Sellers can also make up their own price estimate by using local features that the Zestimate algorithm might not take into consideration. Also available is “Walk score” which is similar to a feature on Trulia.com. It reveals the ease of running errands from one point to the next by walking.